Job Status: OPEN
Posting Date: May 15, 2017
- Envision and propose Arduino projects using the Ready Maker app as the programming and control environment.
- Upon approval from Ready, manufacture the project and document every step using video and text.
- Organize the finished steps into a digestible project for publication on instructables.com and hackster.io (and other potential maker sites).
This is an ongoing opportunity with the potential for 30 hours a week or more of your time. To understand the flavor of what can be built with Ready, take a look at this DIY project building an RF controlled car, with the UI built in Ready.
- Demonstrated ability as an Arduino maker- you’ve made Arduino projects, and we can look at them online.
- Ability to write and capture video coherently, so people can follow your work.
- Good communications skills: you’ll be working with the Ready team on idea development, and production.
- Self starter: you can take initiative and solve problems.
- Your software development skills on Arduino are pretty rockin’: you can hack through the IDE and make cool stuff.
- You’ve got a trove of Arduino hardware on hand, that you can start with.
- Send us an email explaining your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include links to 3 or more Arduino projects you’ve made
- If you have any walkthrough videos, be sure to include them as well.
- If we like what we see, we’ll ask you to do a small test project.
- You’ll be paid to take the test, regardless of whether we do more projects together.
Contract basis, hourly.
10,000 attendees. 50 competing companies. 2 days. Ready was selected by the Grand Jury for the "Best Technology" at the 2017 Launch Festival in San Francisco. Check out the clip of the pitch and jury decision.
We've been working on connecting Ready to various robotics platforms, starting with Arduino. This video shows you:
- How to connect an Arduino Uno board to your desktop computer.
- Prepare the board to receive commands from Ready.
- Make a small "Hello World" program in Ready that will turn the LED light on and off on the board when a button is tapped inside the Ready scene.
"Firmata" source code to upload to your board. Link
We've started integration with major robotics platforms, like Arduino. This prototype video shows an example of controlling a parrot drone from inside Ready, then programming a Sphero to move towards and away from the drone depending on the drone's position. Stay tuned for release.
Last Friday, we did a hands-on workshop with educators at the Scarsdale Public Schools, at the request of Paul Tomizawa.
We all had a blast and learned a lot. Team Ready is looking forward to doing more together!
So you've been wondering... "How do I add my own pictures and stuff to my Ready projects?" Well, ask no more... This video will walk you through how to do it, on desktops and mobile. Happy making!
David teaches high schoolers English and coaches the speech/forensics team at Greendale High School near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You can find him on Twitter at @davidkfreitag.