c - 004
[ intermediate ] 90 min
Remake the worldwide hit “Flappy Bird.” The object of the game is to keep the bird (which the player taps) aloft while avoiding the obstacles coming in from the right side of the screen.
- Be introduced to computational creation with the Ready
- Be able to imagine possibilities for their own computational creation.
Computing Concepts in this project
- Classes (obstacles)
- Conditional Statements
- Adding multiple consequences to conditional statements “+”
- Solids vs Non-solids
- Win moment
- Origin points (home base)
- Cartesian location
- Physics and Momentum
- Setting Backgrounds
- Playing Effects via conditional Events
- Game Theory: Player / Prize dynamic
Behaviors & Effects in this project:
- Stay in frame (PLAYER)
- Control pad (PLAYER)
- Impact Particle (PLAYER)
Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.