This 30 minute module introduces how to tell stories using Ready.
- Build a framework for telling stories in Ready.
- Apply computational thinking to the task, by using classes, loops, and counters..
- Understand the role of cameras in software, to set views.
- Apply a “user interface” element to control navigation.
- Understand how scenes can live within a project..
- Personalize the scene with your own aesthetic, while conveying the core information.
- Create a three-scene project.
- Use camera points to navigate between scenes.
- Add a plain button to the scene to control the camera.
- Zoom into the scene to create the illusion that each scene is separate from the other.
- Customize the scene with your own objects, to tell a personal story.
- Show it!
- Can you think about how you could use Ready to tell a story?
- What is a story you’d like to tell?
- How is telling a story different from making a game?
- Can you think of a story you’d like to make in Ready?
- Why is it important use classes for the camera points?
- Why is it important to name your objects well and hide those you don’t code against in the Event Manager?