This Ready Recipe provides a thirty-minute overview of Ready.
- Give students an initial tour of Ready.
- Understand the “Community” area.
- Remix a project from “Community”.
- Build a basic scene.
- Create an account.
- Save your scene.
- Return to your project to work later.
- Place an object on the scene and have it bounce off another object.
- Give the object a behavior to keep in from leaving the scene.
- Give the object an effect to make it look different.
- Do some basic coding to understand WHEN something happens, DO something.
- Customize the project with your own aesthetic to express yourself.
- Save your project: set a cover, give it a name and a description.
- Be prepared to log back in and continue working on your project.
- Do you wonder how computer games are made?
- What do you think a character is?
- What do you think a scene is?
- What do you think “object-oriented programming” means?
- How are “behaviors” different from “events”?
- What would you like to make with Ready?