[ easy ] 60 min
Watch the Solution at the end of the page.
In this project, a CHARACTER starts at HOME BASE and follows a PATH while avoiding OBSTACLES to get a PRIZE. To win, the character brings the prize back to home base. The character isn’t allowed to touch the OBSTACLES. If it does, it’s “zapped” and starts over from HOME BASE. For extra credit, the player has a limited amount of time to complete the game.
- Be introduced to computational creation with the Ready
- Be able to imagine possibilities for their own computational creation.
Computing Concepts in this project
- Classes (obstacles)
- Conditional Statements
- Adding multiple consequences to conditional statements “+”
- Solids vs Non-solids
- Win moment
- Origin points (home base)
- Cartesian location
- Physics and Momentum
- Setting Backgrounds
- Playing Effects via conditional Events
- Game Theory: Player / Prize dynamic
Behaviors & Effects in this project:
- Stay in frame (PLAYER)
- Control pad (PLAYER)
- Impact Particle (PLAYER)
Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.