A - 003
[ easy ] 30 min
Build a working version of the classic arcade game, Pong. Play against the computer and train it to think like a tennis player.
- Understand the basics of "artificial intelligence" by teaching the computer to play against you.
- Explore two-dimensional physics by tuning the game play of the ball through space.
- Deploy basic score counters and trigger a "win" and "lose" moment on screen.
- Build a two-person game, with the computer as the opponent.
- Create a court and frame to contain the game.
- Count scores by both sides.
- Customize the paddles, court, and ball to reflect your personality.
With your group
- What do you think artificial intelligence is?
- How can we teach a computer to "think"?
- How might a computer play tennis?
- What other uses of artificial intelligence can we think of?
- Is there another project you'd like to make where you play against the computer?
- What story does the final decoration of your project express?